How to order our custom temporary tattoos: A complete guide
Following the launch of our highly anticipated custom temporary tattoos, we wanted to make sure that you have everything you need to start selling them in your stores straight away. That’s why we’ve put together this handy order guide, which includes step-by-step instructions on how to prep your custom temporary tattoo designs for printing, how to order tattoos via our Manual Order Form as well as how to add them to your Shopify store. So, let’s get stuck on, er, in…
How to prep your artwork for our custom temporary tattoos
Designs for single temporary tattoos must be submitted as transparent PNG files with no border.
- Simply upload your design as it appears, and we’ll handle the rest — no need to flip or mirror your artwork.
- We’ll generate the cut outline based on the outer edges of your design.
- If you have images with transparent gaps between elements, adding white pixels between these will group them together and prevent single tattoos from being printed as separate designs.
For example, this text tattoo does not have white pixels between elements:
The lack of white pixels between the elements means this tattoo will end up with a cut outline similar to the one below. As you can see, even with the additional tolerance we automatically add to allow for cutting, many of the letters remain separate. This may cause problems for your customer when it comes to applying the tattoo.
In contrast, this text tattoo does have white pixels between elements:
The addition of white pixels between each element means this design will be produced as a single tattoo, making it much easier to apply. Please note that any white areas will be completely clear when the tattoo is applied and therefore not visible on the skin.
How to order custom temporary tattoos through our Manual Order Form
- Log in to your Prodigi account.
- Click ‘Create order’.
- Select the country you want us to ship your order to. You can choose from our most popular shipping destinations shown at the top of the page or use the search bar to browse all countries.
- Find the product you’d like to order by typing ‘Temporary tattoos’ into the search bar or copying and pasting one of the following SKUs:
- Click ‘Add to basket’. To add another SKU to your basket, click ‘Add another product’ and repeat step four.
- Click ‘Add image’ to upload your desired image — you must upload a transparent PNG image file. Uploading any other file type or a PNG without any transparency will result in us not being able to produce your tattoo. The resolution should be 300 dots per inch (DPI).
To configure your image, click ‘Edit’. You’ll then be redirected to our image editor where you can check the print quality of your image and make use of our alignment, scaling, and repositioning tools.
- Once you’re happy with the position and placement of your image, click ‘Save’ and then ‘Continue’.
- Fill in the details of your shipping destination address and then click ‘Continue’.
- Review your order summary — if everything looks correct, click ‘Submit order’.
How to order custom temporary tattoos through our Shopify app
- Log in to Shopify and go to your Prodigi app.
- Drag and drop your desired image into the box on your screen, or click the ‘Add new’ button to upload an image — you must upload a transparent PNG image file. Uploading any other file type or a PNG without any transparency will result in us not being able to produce your tattoo. The resolution should be 300 dots per inch (DPI).
Once uploaded, click ‘View’, then find and select temporary tattoos — you can narrow down the search by selecting the ‘Tattoos’ product category at the top of the page.
Click on your image again or select the ‘Prices & edit’ button to review your design, configure your pricing and view any relevant product information.
Click ‘Configure’ from the menu on the left-hand side of the ‘Design & edit’ screen to set your pricing, review and edit the product description and select your preferred product variants, then click ‘Save’ (please note that cost prices do not include shipping, so you may want to set your selling prices to cover the typical cost of shipping — you can read our shipping guide for more help and guidance on setting shipping rates in Shopify).
The final menu option (titled ‘Information’) provides further product details and sample imagery as well as shipping rates, lead times, sizing information and print specifications.
- Once you’re finished in the ‘Design & edit’ screen, click ‘Back’ and then toggle the ‘Enabled’ switch to enable them in your Shopify store (a green tick will appear once enabled).
- Scroll back to the top of the page and click ‘Publish design’ to make your custom temporary tattoos available to your customers — you can view a preview by selecting ‘Products’ from the main menu options and clicking the eye icon next to your product listing.
Now that you’re an expert in all things temporary tattoos, why not put your skills to the test? Log in to your Prodigi dashboard or sign up for a Prodigi account to place an order. Alternatively, you can log in to your Shopify account or download our Shopify app to list tattoos in your store.
If you like our custom temporary tattoos, you’ll love our custom stickers. Both products use transparent PNG files and are produced in a similar format, so applying your tattoo designs to our stickers couldn’t be easier!